"Time & Chance"

Apr 23, 2021

In the Wisdom/Poetry book of Ecclesiastes...

we find an interesting and somewhat cryptic exhortation.

"I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all."

Wow! So the fastest guy doesn't always win the race? The strongest person doesn't always win the battle? The richest or smartest or most skilled doesn't always come out on top? Who knew?

So, let me get this straight... "time and chance" or as I like to interpret it "opportunity" happens to everyone! Take heart my friend! You too have opportunities in life, as well as the faster, stronger, smarter... well, you get the idea. LOL

This makes it even more important than ever that you are paying close attention to your circumstances, particularly looking for your opportunities. Let me put it another way, even if you've lost a dollar 80% of the time, if you win a hundred dollars the other 20% you're going to come out WAY ahead. So know that "time and chance" happen to you too. It isn't always "bad luck"... it's OPPORTUNITY as well!

Make the most of the opportunities and minimize "failures" "set backs" and "losses". You're going to come out ahead, you Winner you!!!

Enjoy this post?

Buy Mark Dixon - The Teaching Priest a coffee

More from Mark Dixon - The Teaching Priest